- 9. In step 2 “Select a Template” → In tab “Featured” select “MS Windows Server – VMware” → Choose Hypervisor “VMware”;
!!! If your OS is Windows family, we are suggest using VMware Hypervisor !!!
- 10. In step 3 “Compute Offering” select any compute offering, i.e. “2 CPU / 4GB RAM / 1Gbps / Auto Start - CLOUDY”;
- 11. In step 4 “Disk Size” you can choose which one of DC space you want to use by selecting any available disk offering , i.e. “Custom disk - NL SAS in A2 DC - CLOUDY” → Set up disk size;
- 12. In step 5 “Networks” you can create any number of custom network offerings;
- 13. In last step 8 “Details” field Name (Optional) write “VirtualServer” → click Launch VM;
- 14. Wait while virtual machine is created. If this is your first virtual machine then it could take up to 3-4 minutes – your first network also will be created.
- 15. In Instances section click on VirtualServer;
- 16. In Details tab click on View console ;
- 17. Perform Windows server installation until you are logged in for the first time.
- (If you choose to install Windows Server 2022/2019 from featured templates then you don’t need to install VMware tools because they are already installed in template.)
- (If you choose to install VS on the VMware hypervisor virtualization platform, mouse activity will be available after installing VMware tools.).
5. Installing VMware Tools for Virtual Machine (The installation of these tools is a mandatory requirement to ensure correct VS operation and SLA.)
- 18. Go to Instance menu → click on VirtualServer → click Deatach ISO → Yes → click Attach ISO → choose choose "VMware Tools Installer ISO 11.3.05 - 18557794" (depending on the option in step 2.) → OK;
- 19. Click View console → click Start → Computer → open CD Drive → open This PC → choose DVD drive (D:) → choose DVD drive VMware VMware Tools → hit Enter” → run setup64.exe → Go through wizard steps;
How to install VMware Tools or Open VM Tools on:
- MS Windows Server - https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1018377;
- Linux CentOS - http://partnerweb.vmware.com/GOSIG/CentOS_7.html;
- Linux Red Hat - http://partnerweb.vmware.com/GOSIG/RHEL_7.html;
- Linux Ubuntu - https://graspingtech.com/install-vmware-tools-on-ubuntu/
- Linux Debian - http://partnerweb.vmware.com/GOSIG/Debian_8.html
- 20. Check Next → Next → Install → Finish → Click "Yes" to reboot server;
6. Configure VirtualServer to access from the Internet by Remote Desktop or SSH for Linux
- 21. After restarting VirtualServer in ViewConsole click Ctrl-Alt-Del → enter Password → Click Done;
- 21. Click Click Start button → On Computer click mouse right button → Properties → Remote Settings → select “Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more secure)” → Click on settings → System → Remote Desktop → Advanced settings → select "Require computers to use Network Level Authentication to connect(recommended)" → on dialog box Remote Desktop Connection click OK → OKSettings click Confirm;
- 23. Close “Control Panel\System and Security\System window”.