This chapter contains the list of all changes and fixes to the system published over time.
- Changed the fields in the presets list, added Encoder, and Video codec.
- Aspect ratio moved to each video bitrate allowing anamorphous pixels for some of them.
- Added multiple editing support.
- Video and audio encoding settings popups improved for better visual representation.
The transcoding process is completely redesigned with many new options and new transcoding preset structure. Audio encoding is performed independently from video encoding and audio bitrates are not tied to video bitrates anymore. The default encoding formats are M4V and M4A in separate files with MP4 generated optionally with full control over muxing of video and audio tracks.
Transcoding preset has 3 new sections with some settings moved from the Encoding section and many new ones.
- Video encoding - section contains all video encoding related settings. Additionally, there are conditions for the particular video track to be generated - source video resolution, minimum and maximum bitrate.
- Audio encoding - section contains all audio encoding related settings. Added new options to select audio codec and channel configuration, and conditions for the particular audio track to be generated - source audio codec, channel configuration, minimum and maximum bitrates.
- File packages - section contains the definitions of the output file packages. All output files are grouped into packages which are used for the splitting of outputs for external upload and for the generation of playback manifests for different scenarios. Muxing of video, audio and subtitle tracks is defined here, as well as the set of files included in each of the packages. Similar files are generated only once regardless of the number of packages the file is included in.
With this update, we added support for easy integration of additional future output types. All existing types are now available separately for inclusion into file packages. The recently added Elemental SMIL manifest files received custom-defined fine naming patterns in the configuration.
Fixed situation when the status of the media asset did not change properly after deletion of some files.
New output file format - Elemental Delta packager compatible SMIL file, that works as a manifest to list all video bitrates, audio tracks, and subtitles.
Temporarily, before the new improved transcoding presets will be introduced, this file is generated as part of M4V/M4A package that includes SRT subtitle output and SMIL manifest. Please note that file names in the SMIL are hard coded and follow certain pattern that should be used in the Profile Upload File Patterns configuration:
- M4V - [assetID]_v[bitrate].mp4
- M4A - [assetID]_[language]_[audioCodec]_[audioChannels].mp4
- SRT - [assetID]_[language].[ext]
- SMIL - [assetID].[ext]
New file name fields introduced in patterns used for uploaded file name generation:
- originalName - original video file name without extension;
- audioCodec - audio codec name;
- audioChannels - audio channel configuration, supported values 20 (for 2.0 stereo) and 5.1 (for 5.1 surround).
Interface improvements for usability.
Added field validations and handling of incorrect values.
Updated filters for all API list functions. Values in search fields date_from and date_to can contain time as well.
Fixed the bug when Connect and Disconnect actions can be called when channel is in a state that does not allow such actions.
New parameters for media→list function - interval of IDs, list of IDs, list of asset IDs.
New return values for media→list function - full data for source and transcoded files.
Media Profiles - all functions new
Media Manifests - all functions new
AES-128 key return function error fix - event logging resulted in an error.
Validate function fix - sometimes when the video is corrupt Validate function does not finish.
Fixed problem with user rights, users with Channels - Advanced rights now are able to define channel bitrates.
Fixed error when the green button was pressed next to Add channel nothing happened.
Fixed error when Play Channel button was pressed and the player was missing in the popup.
Fixed error when channel custom streaming app is replaced with default on save.
When mid-roll is selected in Advertisements popup user may input a percentage value of the media length alternatively to fixed time value.
Fixed error when deleting Media asset on some occasions files stayed in the storage.
Fixed error with system error when trying to play back a deleted media.
Fixed error when Play Media button was pressed and the player was missing in the popup.
Fixed error with undefined values in the embed code URL parameters.
Fixed error when the green button was pressed next to Add new job nothing happened
New options in Client Settings
- Default encryption method
- Enable public webpage by default
- Restrict Embed in Domains by default
- Set thumbnail as default Media placeholder image
All these allow setting the default options during media asset upload.
- Set the DRM, AES-128 or DRM with AES-128 fallback if necessary for new media assets.
- Set the option Enable a public website for new media assets.
- Set the default geolocation settings for new media assets.
- Default thumbnail is generated at a random spot in video file between 5% and 95% of the video length.
New content protection features
- AES-128 encryption enabled for Media
- DRM with AES-128 fallback enabled for Media
- All protection options enabled by default
Media asset streaming can be protected by AES-128 encryption and DRM with fallback to AES-128 for browsers and devices not supporting full-scale DRM.
The customer can enable all content protection options by default for newly uploaded media.
New recording module launch. New functionality:
- Multi-audio, compound stream recording
- Integration with playout systems for EPG retrieval
- A new recording scheduling system
- Parallel recording
- Specific substream recording
Added new self-service features
- Multi-bitrate channel definition
- Multiple manifests per channels
- Control over bitrate order and priority in manifests
- Primary and backup publishing points
- UDP stream publishing
- Multiple language tracks
- Backend stream management improvements
01.Change log is split by years: